Looking at the healthy growth of a child is the dream of every parent but is your child really healthy ? Are they physically and mentally strong ?
Doesn't studying and playing all the time sucks the energy of your little kids ?
To maintain a healthy lifestyle of your children will no longer be a boring or tough task as we have brought you the easiest healthy non veg food recipes which will not only become your child's favourite meal but also a healthy alternative to maintain a balanced diet.
Non vegetarian foods are rich in protein, Vitamin B, iron, omega3, calcium and several other important nutrients which are essential for the proper physical and mental development of a human body.
A basic non vegetarian diet includes eggs, chicken, meat and fish.
Easy And Healthy Non Veg Food Recipes
Cooking becomes interesting when the food prepared by you brings lots of praises and love to you by the people who finished the meal within seconds and especially at the time when the food brings a big smile on the face of the newbies.
Here, we are sharing a few of the most healthy non veg food recipes which will become the best meals of your life.
1.Oats with Chicken: Oats is considered to be a healthy grain as it has protein and other nutrients in abundance. Chicken helps in building muscle , promotes a healthy heart as well as it has certain other benefits. This healthy recipe is very easy to prepare.
- Coriander leaves
- Chicken :- 3 - 4 pieces with bone
- Onion :- 1 (medium size)
- Ginger-garlic paste - ½ teaspoon
- Ghee :- 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder :- ¼ teaspoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder :- ½ teaspoon
- Lime juice :- 1 teaspoon
- Instant oats :- ½ cup
Method of preparation
Wash the chicken pieces with fresh water and drain the water
- Finely chop half onion and thinly sliced the remaining half of it
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the thinly sliced onions till it gets golden brown in colour. Keep it aside on a plate
- Now , saute the finely chopped onion in the same pan till it becomes light brown in colour. Add ginger garlic paste and saute it for a bit to remove the raw taste of the mixture
- Add the chicken pieces in the pan and sprinkle the turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and kashmiri red chilli powder. Saute it for 2-3 minutes
- Now, add 1 cup of water in the pan , close its lid and cook till the chicken gets cooked properly. Keep the chicken aside when it is cooked
- Add oats to the pan and mix it . Now , add ½ cup water , mix it well and close the lid and cook it for 5 minutes on low flame
- Till then, shred the chicken piece and discard the bone and add the shredded chicken pieces to the oat mixture
- Now, add hand crushed half of fried onions, lime juice and coriander in it and mix it well
- Switch off the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves and remaining fried onions and serve it hot
This meal can be enjoyed as a healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner
2. Egg Bhurji
Eggs are also considered to be a very healthy food item. It has an abundance of protein and other important nutrients required by the human body. Egg bhurji is a very popular egg item loved by many people. We can eat many food items with egg bhurji, like chapati, bread, or bun
- Eggs :- 2 to 3
- Turmeric powder :- ⅛ teaspoon
- Salt :- ¼ teaspoon
- Oil :- 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds :- ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves (7-8 leaves , optional)
- Ginger-garlic paste :- 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes and Capsicum (optional)
- Red chilli powder :- 2/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala :- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves
- Lime juice
Method of preparation
- Break the eggs in a bowl and add turmeric and salt in it. Beat the mixture till frothy
- Now, heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds in it and then add curry leaves in it. Saute it till the curry leaves become crispy
- Add ½ to ¾ cup of finely chopped onion and a green chilli and saute it till the onion turns golden
- Now, add the ginger garlic paste and saute it to remove its raw taste
- Add one finely chopped tomato and a capsicum and saute it till the tomato breaks down and blend with onion. (optional)
- Add garam masala and red chilli powder and fry them well. Now, add the beaten eggs in the pan, scramble it and cook well. Do not overcook the eggs
- Squeeze lemon juice in it(Optional) and garnish it with coriander
3. Chicken Vegetable Soup
Chicken-vegetable soup has an abundance of protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. They are all beneficial substances that aid in the growth and repair of your body's healthy muscles, bones, skin, and blood cells. Chicken vegetable soup is super tasty and small kids love it. Chicken vegetable soup is very easy to prepare.
- Chicken Broth
- Cream of Celery Soup
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
Method of Preparation
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces
- In a pot, mix the cream of celery soup and chicken broth and boil it. Keep it aside
- Now, add potatoes in the pot and boil it for 5 minutes
- Now, add the chicken mixture in the pot. Add vegetables and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Keep the flame at low
The delicious and healthy soup is ready to be served.
4.Healthy Chicken Salad
Healthy Chicken salad is a very rich source of iron and lean protein. It may also offer fibre, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, depending on the other ingredients it contains. The healthy chicken salad recipe is super healthy and easy to prepare.
- Cooked Chicken - 2 cups Shredded or Chopped
- Celery - 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Almonds - ½ cup blanched slivered almonds
- Mayonnaise - ½ cup
- Lime juice - 1 tablespoon
- Ground Black Pepper - ¼ teaspoon
Method of Preparation
- Slightly toast the almonds in a frying pan
- Take a bowl and mix mayonnaise, pepper and lime juice. Add chicken, toasted almonds and celery in the bowl
- Mix it well and the Chicken Salad is ready
This recipe is the easiest and healthy recipe which is full of nutrition.
5.Egg Curry - Chilli Coconut
Egg curry is a highly nutritious food, especially for kids because it's packed with nutrients like proteins, calcium, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for a child's growth. Additionally, eggs are the only food source naturally containing Vitamin D, which is crucial for calcium absorption and bone growth. Egg curry is not very difficult to prepare, you just need the following ingredients:
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Spring curry leaves
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Peppercorns - 6
- Cardamom pods - 3
- Green Chilli - 1 (chopped)
- Onions - 2 (chopped)
- Curd - ½ cup
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Eggs - 5 (boiled)
- Turmeric - ½ tablespoon
- Coriander Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Powder - 2 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 tablespoon
- ( Almond - 6 ; Roasted Chana dal - 1 tablespoon ; Fennel seeds - 1 tablespoon ; Sliced Green Chillis - 5 ; Chopped Garlic Cloves - 5 ; Ginger - 1 inch ; Grated coconut - ¼ cup ; Mint and Coriander :- ¼ cup each.) :- for making paste
Method of Preparation :
- In a grinder, add all the ingredients of paste and grind it with ½ tablespoon of salt to make a fine paste
- In a pan, heat the ghee and add bay leaves, curry leaves, peppercorn, cinnamon and cardamon. Fry them slightly
- Add onions and green chilli in the pan and fry them till the onion becomes translucent. Now, add tomatoes and cook it till they becomes soft and mushy
- Now, add salt, coriander powder, cumin powder and saute them
- Pour ¼ cup of water and cook it for a while
- Add curd in the pan and saute it till the oil gets separated
- Now, add the spice paste and mix it. Fry it till the raw smell of the spice vanishes
- Add ½ cup of water and cook it to balance the consistency of the gravy
- Slit the eggs and add it in the pan when the gravy is cooked. Let the eggs summer for 10 minutes to absorb the flavours. Keep the flame low
The delicious and healthy egg curry with chilli coconut gravy is ready to be served. It can be served with rice or chapati.
These healthy non veg food recipes are a great source of energy and help in overall development of young children. A student required a balanced diet to carry out their day to day activities. This is an easy way to maintain a healthy lifestyle instead of relying on tablets for nutrients like calcium or vitamins. I hope that these recipes will be a part of your child's diet for maintaining a fit body.